Accounting for Corporations: 5 Key Sections
In this chapter, we will explore the following sections:
- Introduction to Accounting for Corporations: This section covers the definition and characteristics of a corporation, as well as the differences between a corporation and other forms of business organization.
- Advantages of the Corporate Form of Organization: This section discusses the benefits of using the corporate form of organization, including continuous existence, no personal liability for owners, separation of management and ownership, and transferability of ownership shares.
- Disadvantages of the Corporate Form of Organization: This section covers the drawbacks of the corporate form of organization, including double taxation, difficulty in control, and greater regulation.
- Formation of a Corporation: This section covers the steps involved in forming a corporation, including obtaining a corporate charter, preparing articles of incorporation, going through the approval process, and issuing capital stock.
- Corporate Capital Structure: This section discusses the various types of corporate capital stock, the process of issuing stock for cash or non-cash consideration, determining the par value of stock, and stock splits and stock dividends.